Javitxu's Sierra 18" Setup
Javitxu's Sierra 18" Setup
Javier de la Torre, from Madrid. 12 years old
Over the years, we’ve seen how younger riders are progressing faster and faster, and it’s been incredible. Javitxu, 12 years old, is a very good guy on and off the bike and he enjoys every minute on his BMX, and this could be the reason of his fast evolution... and maybe also because he is riding a Sergio Layos signature frame? Who knows
Javitxu is riding the Sierra 18" frame, 8" Sierra bars, 18" Volcano fork, Magneto Hub set and Fuego 18" tires, along with other Flybikes aftermarket parts with the aim of getting the perfect 18" inch setup. This setup was designed to look and ride just like Sergio’s personal Sierra setup!
Here is a little conversation with Javi and a bike part list below, with some photos by Ismael Ibañez:
- Why do you think they gave you your name? My mum’s cousin Aroa started to call me Javitxu when baby as an affectionate nickname.
- What did you have for breakfast today? Pineapple juice and cereals.
- If you were a superhero, which one would you be? I watched Joker last night, I rather choose to be a supervillain.
- If you were able to change something in the world... what would you change? Cleaner seas.
- What was your first bike and how old were you when you got it? A non pedal one when I was two. First BMX was a Monty when four.
- How was the first time you saw someone riding a BMX? At Alcobendas skatepark called Nepal, when I was three. “- Hey mum, I wanna jump like them!!”
- How would you explain what BMX is to your friends at school? I really don’t tell anyone at school I’m a BMX rider. I would tell them BMX is biking in ramps like crazy.
- If a wizard granted you three wishes, what would they be?
1 - Being able to fly.
2 - Being Michael Jordan.
3 - Teleport me & my bike to any skatepark in the world.
- Favorite 3 trick
1 - ThreeSixty Nohand (Done).
2 - TheeSixty Downside Tailwhip (Not done).
3 - Superman Seatgrab (Done).
- First trick you learned
- Last trick you have learned
NoHand to Table.
- Next trick you like to learn
- The funniest trip you've ever done with your bike
To Málaga with Sergio, Alessio, Sem, Pitu, Carlos and many friends in many parks around.
- Your last year top listened song
Springsteen’s ‘Born in the USA’.
- Favorite movie
- What is the most embarrassing thing you have been caught doing?
Watching Youtube in class.
- What are the first three things you'd do tomorrow?
Breakfast, play Nintendo Switch and brush my teeth. In that order.
- Can you tell a joke to finish?
What does a tree tell to another tree?
They stood us up, dude!
Bike parts list:
Frame: Sierra 18” Inch / Top Tube - 18.7" / Rear End - 12.2" Covered with lifetime warranty (Sergio Layos signature)
Bars: Sierra 8” Covered with lifetime warranty (Sergio Layos signature)
Forks: Fly Volcano 18“ Inch / 25mm. offset Covered with lifetime warranty
Grips: Fly Ruben II Mini (Ruben Alcantara signature)
Stem: Fly Volcano 25 Short Covered with lifetime warranty
Headset: Fly Volcano 0 + spacer
Cranks: Fly Dolmen 155mm / 22mm Covered with lifetime warranty
Pedals: Fly Ruben Graphite (Ruben Alcantara signature)
Seat: Fly Mini Sierra Tripod (Prototype / Sergio Layos signature)
Tires: Fly Fuego 18” Inch 2.20” Front & Rear (Devon Smillie signature)